Hey buenos dias party people. It's been a while since I've posted on this puppy, so how about it!
Well nothings new, talk to ya in a couple months.
Nah, juuuust kidding. It feels like nothing is new because I've been hanging out with myself pretty much on a daily basis since my last post, so I'm already up to date. But it looks like on the last episode of the Bill show, we found our star dealing with some rather inteligent patrons of the Sony Store at the Providence Place Mall. Well that job is no longer with us, sadly enough I had to move on from selling televisions, digital cameras, and laptops. Although, if you've got to sell the above listed items through a retail store - Sony is a pretty cool place to work. Because when you're not helping someone, you're hanging out around enormous and awesome tv's! I mean they display the best stuff they've got, and give you a remote. And if you think I didn't have long periods of standing around watching blue ray dvd's - well then...you are thinking things that simply are not true my friend! This of course, was during some serious down time. It could also get really busy there, I don't want to sound like a slacker. But if you're a guy, and you can look me dead in the face and say on a slow boring Wednesday morning you wouldn't maybe spend a little time watching Daniel Craig bust some heads in Casino Royal on a 52 inch L.E.D. television, then I will gladly call you a liar!!! But, that job is no more. The same goes for waiting tables at the country club. That job got nixed a while ago, before October. Oddly enough it was right around the time they announced working Thanksgiving, Christmas eve, and New Years Eve were all mandatory work days that I started writing down my intention to resign within the next 2 weeks. It's amazing that hazing is so heavily monitered in highschool locker rooms yet this place is allowed to make 20 year old college students work on Thanksgiving... I mean I guess if you hated happiness that'd be okay. I don't know, when they said that, I just quit. I tried to give them 2 weeks notice, but my supervisor for some reason to get herself out of trouble lied to my boss about me hitting a few golf balls in the basement - and well, I don't think they liked me very much after that. I figured she wanted the job more than me, so I let it ride. When I gave my two weeks, my boss said eh, just go on ahead, come in this Saturday and we'll call it a wrap. GOOD DEAL!
So what do I do now you ask? I sell cell phones. I work for a company that is contracted by Sprint/Nextel to call on business accounts and extend contracts. I get paid $45 for every cell phone I upgrade into a 2 year contract. It sounds harder than it is. My quota is $2,250/mo, which correlates into 50 upgrades. Well when you're dealing with 30-50 phones on an account, you run into a couple broken phones that need to be upgraded, and some older ones that people don't like any more. And the beautiful thing about Sprint/Nextel is Nextel was once a different company all together. Which means some Nextel customers complain about their service, and the solution to that is to transfer the whole account over to Sprint. Which means 50 phones/mo isn't a biggie. Neither is 100. My first full month I pulled off just under 70. The only down side to the job is that basically all it is for the first month or so is cold calling. And cold calling is as the Spanish say - no bueno. It's zero fun. Comparable to sitting on a broken down chair lift, that you only got on for the excitement of eventually doing some skiing and then BOOM, there is no skiing, only calling. Things get better once you have some customers and get to break up your day with some customer service stuff (.,mnhhgvfdre) but that doesn't always happen.
Anyway, life is good, but (?.,mnbhg) it is time for me to go. My parenthetical additions to this post are actually contributed by my wonderful girlfriend as a non verbal protest to my blogging when in fact I'm am supposed to be... "spending time with me! ...and eating sushi". The doctorita has spoken the magic word: Sushi. I'm outta here. Later amigos.
No comments:
Post a Comment