I guess today would be the official day to the start of my new job! I'm pretty pumped about it, even more so now that I've actually gotten to see what a-day-in-the-life of a Customer Experience rep at BatchBlue Software could be like. I'm sure there will be bad days, and I'm sure there will be better days. One of my favorite quotes from my former boss is "Good days aren't always as good as they seem, and bad days aren't always as bad". It helps keep you level, and that's muy importante.
Although, he had a lot of good ones...but I guess that is one that stuck with me. Along with "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results".
Which is why unfortunately, I had to get a new job. My old boss is great. He's a great guy, amazing business man, and he very much cares about his employees. My co-workers are hilarious to work with. I'm still convinced throwing a web cam in that office and turning it on from 12:00 - 12:45 would produce Hollywood level comedy.
The big problem was I love helping people. The sales took a backseat to my interest in becoming the go to guy for my customers. It was fulfilling to receive an email or a phone call from someone with a problem and be able to fix it. Even if I couldn't fix it, it was great to say "I can't do that for you, but here's the guy who can". It built trust. It built a relationship. It allowed me to help an entrepreneur do what he or she does best - entreprenu. Every company needs a team of support people who look at the box, say that's nice, and do everything they can to think outside of it. When people have problems they don't need automated messaging systems (where you have to always listen carefully because the menu options have ALWAYS recently changed), they need solutions. I liked providing that, but it just didn't...
...bring in any cash.
(Good cliff-hanger? Probably as good as it's going to get for my posts!)
And as much as my small business owner liked me as a person, he likes cash more. Because he does what he does to provide above and beyond for his family, and I love that about him. I love that spirit about all people who decide to do more than settle.
So here I am. BatchBookin' it at BatchBlue. We are a better match, and it's going to show. Maybe right now I'm the only one who knows it because I've gotten a chance to see my new company, meet it's people, hear from a few of their customers (it was one of their customers who told me about this job in the first place), and my co-workers probably don't know how crazy I am when it comes to helping out my customers.
I'm sure they'll figure it out soon. This is going to be such a cool year!
2 comments:
Bill,
Thanks for the shout out. I am excited for you and so proud of the hard work you have put in the last few years.
Have fun!
Thanks David for helping me find these guys! It is such a blast working with them!
Post a Comment